Here's how it works:
2. If you do not have the FRREE Avenza Maps app, click on "Get the app".
3. Once you have downloaded the app, click on "Get the map". The page will scroll down to where you have to click on "VISIT THE MAP STORE".
4. If you have previously accessed the map store you will probably be seeing a screen showing eastern Washington with a lot of rectangles on it. Each rectangle represents a map you can download.
5. Use the following filters to narrow down the search results:
6. Click on "FREE" for the FIRST map you want to downlad. A dialog box will appear indicating you have just placed this map in your cart (don't worry, these are free - except the Forest Visitor Map. All items you want to download must first be placed into your shopping cart so they can be downloaded). If you want more than one map, click on "Continue shopping". Once you have selected the last map you want to download, click on "Go to shopping cart"
7. Once you are in the shopping cart, review your downloads. if you want to add any more downloads, click on "Get Maps" If you want to delete any downloads, click on the trash can to the right of "Free".
8. Now you are ready to checkout and download your maps. Click on "Checkout".
9. If you already have an account on Avenza Maps, log in. If not, you will need to create a free account.
10. Once you have logged in, you will see the list of maps you have chosen to download.
11. If you have slected any maps that are NOT free, there will be a price listed. You will need to purchase these maps prior to downloading.
• Measure distances and areas
• Record GPS tracks
• Plot waypoints
• Plot Geo-Tagged photos
• View maps offline (no cell phone data connection is needed after downloading the map)