Page has been updated to match the new Avenza map app web page.
Here's how it works:
2. If you do not have the free Avenza Maps app, scroll down and click/tap on either the App store button
() or the Google play button ()
3. Once you have downloaded and installed/activated the app, return to https://www.avenzamaps.com/ and again scroll down and click/tap on VISIT THE MAP STORE.
4. On the right you will see a map based upon your location with rectangles representing maps you can download with a list of these maps on the left side.
5. Use filters to narrow down your search results by following the steps below:
You may have to click/tap on the name in the dropdown list below where you typed the name.
A list of the available downloads for the forest will appear.
b. To further narrow down the number of maps, click/tap on FILTERS:
(b) For Colville National Forest maps, start typing US Forest and you should see "US Forest Service Pacific Northwest Region (WA/OR) (that's where the Colville is located - in the PNW region!).
(2) The page should refresh showing available maps. You may have to click/tap on the "x" to the right of "Filter results by vendor" to see the complete name of each map.
(b) You can also hover over any of the rectangles on the map and it will show - on the left side - the name of the map that covers the area shaded by the rectangle.
c. To download a map, you must click/tap on the button in the lower right corner of the map's description box. Clicking/tapping on this button will place the map in your cart:
(b) If there is a price where the free button would normally be, then you will be required to pay for the map before downloading it.
d. If you would like to preview the map before sending it to your cart, click/tap on the name of the map. A window will open allowing you to preview the map. From this window you can place the map in your cart by clicking/tapping on the "Get this Map" button () or close the window by clicking/tapping on "close" on the bottom of the window or the "X" in the top right corner of the window. Clicking on "close" or the "X" will "not" place the map in your cart!
e. If you place the map in your cart, you should see a confirmation box that the map you just selected is now in your cart.
(2) When you are done selecting maps and have added them to your cart, click/tap on "Go to shopping cart" button
7. Now you are ready to checkout and download your maps. Click/tap on the "Checkout" button ().
8. If you already have an account on Avenza Maps, log in. If not, you will need to create a free account.
9. Once you have logged in, you will see the list of maps you have chosen to download.
10. If you have selected any maps that are NOT free, there will be a price listed. You will need to purchase these maps prior to downloading.
• Measure distances and areas
• Record GPS tracks
• Plot waypoints
• Plot Geo-Tagged photos
• View maps offline (no cell phone data connection is needed after downloading the map)